You can Download Towards a Bright Future Questions and Answers, Summary, Activity, Notes, Kerala Syllabus 9th Standard Social Science Solutions Part 1 Chapter 9 help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Kerala State Syllabus 9th Standard Social Science Solutions Part 1 Chapter 9 Towards a Bright Future
Towards a Bright Future Textual Questions and Answers
What are the problems faced by the society today?
- Lack of shelter
- Insecurity of old age people
- Juvenile crimes
- Crimes against women
- Environmental damages
Poverty is the inability to secure the minimum consumption requirements of life, health and efficiency.
How does unemployment cause poverty?
Unemployment is a social problem related to poverty. While a section of people in the world finds employment of any kind, many people cannot find any. Unemployment is a situation in which a person is physically and mentally able and willing to work but cannot get a job. Thus they may fail to secure the basic needs. This will cause poverty.
Identify the problems faced by old a people.
- Economic crisis
- Health problems
Point out some sorts of violence against women in our society.
- Atrocities against women.
- Crime such as denial of the right to education.
- Different wages for the same job.
- Denial of opportunities for proving their abilities.
What are the evil effects of intoxicants?
- Increase crimes
- Cause mental and physical problems
- Cause family problems
- Cause economic crisis
- Cause accidents, deaths etc.
Prepare a note on Juvenile crimes.
Crimes among children have become a big social problem. The crimes done by children of below fourteen years of age are called juvenile crimes. They are called juvenile offenders. Different types of such crimes appear in the newspapers. There are many reasons for children to engage in crimes.
- Defects in family relations
- Use of intoxicants
- Misuse of media
- Deterioration of social values
What is childline?
The childline is an agency under the Ministry of Women and Child Development to identify the problems and difficulties of children and to protect them.
What are cybercrimes?
Crimes using information technology are called cyber crimes.
The number of people living below poverty line in India are.
What is meant by a social problem?
Problems, whether individual or common that exist for a long time affecting the society, are called social problems. Those problems which affect the society directly or indirectly are considered as social problems.
Analyse the interrelationship of different social problems.
- Many of the social problems are interrelated.
- The consequences of social problems have common features.
- Social problems change according to the changing times.
- Joint effort and actions are necessary to solve social problems.
Identify the measures to prevent juvenile crimes.
- Child guidance clinic: The facility helps to find and analyze problems of children.
- Counselling Center: This center helps to provide solutions for the behavioral problems of children.
What do you mean by unemployment?
Unemployment is a situation in which a person is physically and mentally able and willing to work but cannot get a job.
What is lack of shelter?
Lack of shelter is the situation in which an individual is not able to secure and keep a suitable house.
Elucidate what is juvenile crimes.
The crimes done by children of below fourteen years of age are called juvenile crimes.
Who were juvenile offenders?
The crimes done by children of below fourteen years of age are called juvenile crimes. They are called juvenile offenders.