Kerala State Board New Syllabus Plus Two Zoology Previous Year Question Papers and Answers.
Kerala Plus Two Zoology Model Question Paper 1 with Answers
|Category||Plus Two Previous Year Question Papers|
Time: 1 Hour
Cool off time : 10 Minutes
Maximum : 30 Score
General Instructions to Candidates :
- There is a ‘cool off time’ of 10 minutes each for Botany and Zoology in addition to the writing time of 1 hour each. Further, there is ‘5 minutes’ ‘Preparatory Time’ at the end of the Botany Examination and before the commencement of Zoology Examination.
- You are not allowed to write your answers nor to discuss anything with others during the ‘cool off time’ and ‘Preparatory time’.
- Use the ‘cool off time’ to get familiar with the questions and to plan your answers.
- Read questions carefully before answering.
- All questions are compulsory and the only internal choice is allowed.
- When you select a question, all the sub-questions must be answered from the same question itself.
- Calculations, figures, and graphs should be shown in the answer sheet itself.
- Malayalam version of the questions is also provided.
- Give equations wherever necessary.
- Electronic devices except non-programmable calculators are not allowed in the Examination Hall.
I. Answer All questions. Each question carries 1 score. (3 × 1 = 3)
The middle layer of uterus is called ………….
Find the odd one out
1. Trichoderma polysporum
2. Clostridium butylicum
4. Aspergillus niger
1. Trichoderma polysporum
Study the relationship between the first two words and fill the blank space with a suitable word.
Pneumonia – Streptococcus pneumoniae
Typhoid – ……………
II. Answer any 9 of the questions. Each question carries 2 scores. (9 × 2 = 18)
From an infertility clinic a doctor advised a childless couple to undergo GIFT.
1. Expand GIFT
2. Mention the steps involved in this procedure
1. Gamete intrafallopian transfer
2. At first egg collected from donor, then it is transferred into fallopian tube of another female who cannot produce but they can provide suitable environment for the fertilization and further development.
Vasectomy and tubectomy are said to be effective and irreversible contraceptive methods.
Differentiate between these two methods.
It is the sterilization procedure in male hear a small part of Vas deferens is removed or tied up through a small incision on the scrotum
It is the sterilization procedure in female here a small part of fallopian tube is removed or tied up through a small incision in the abdomen or through vagina.
Construct a monohybrid cross between homozygous violet and white coloured flowers of a pea plant.
How can one determine whether the F1 progenies are homozygous or heterozygous?
b) Test cross
From a clinical laboratory Ramu’s blood group was identified as ‘AB’ group. But his father has ‘A’ blood group and mother has ‘B’ blood group.
a) Is Ramu’s blood group identification correct?
b) Substantiate your answer using co-dominance principle
b) Genotype of Ramu’s Father and mother are either IAIA or IAi and IBIB or IBi respectively.
Genotype of AB blood group is IAIB. AB blood group is heterozygous but here both alleles ex-press their own type of sugar, it an example for codominance, It is an deviation from Mendelian principle.
Identify the syndromes ‘A’ and ‘B’.
A) Down’s syndrome
B) Turner’s syndrome
Complete the flow chart of Southern blot hybridization.
c) Mention two uses of DNA fingerprinting.
A) Digestion of DNA by restriction endonucleases
B) Transferring of separated DNA fragments to synthetic membrane such as nitrocellulose or nylon.
C) 1. To identify the criminal.
2. To solve paternity dispute.
Read the following statements and answer the following questions.
1. A genetic material should be able to generate its replica
2. A genetic material should not provide scope for mutation
3. A genetic material should be able to express itself in the form of mendelian characters.
a) Choose the correct statements from the above.
b) Rewrite the wrong statement to correct one.
a) 1. A genetic material should be able to generate its replica
2. A genetic material should not provide scope formulation.
b) A genetic material should provide the scope for slow changes (mutation) that are required for evolution.
Observe the given diagram and answer the following questions.
1. Identify the above process
2. Name the enzyme required to polymerise the DNA strand
3. Name the enzyme required to join the discontinuous strands.
4. In eukaryotes replication of DNA occurs at ……….. phase of cell cycle.
1. DNA replication
2. DNA dependent DNA polymerase
3. DNA Ligase
S – Phase
Diagrammatic representation of Miller experiment is given below. Answer the following questions.
1. Name ‘A’and B’
2. From those given below choose the new molecules obtained by other scientists from similar experiments
(Amino acid, Protein, Sugar, fat, Alkaloid, pigments, flavanoid)
1) A – CH4
B – NH3
2) Sugar, Fat, Pigments
A collection of moths made in England during 1850, supported evolution by natural selection. Write a note on the process of natural selection on months influenced by industrialization.
Before industrialization white coloured lichen covered the trees in that background white winged moth survived but dark coloured moth where picked out by predators.
After industrial revolution tree trunk became dark due to industrial smoke and suit, under this condition white winged moth did not survived due to predators dark winged or melanised Moth survived this showed that in a mixed population those that can better adapted survive and increase in population.
1. Name the yeast used for the commercial production of ethanol.
2. Name the yeast used for the production of statins.
1) Brewer’s Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
2) Monascus purpureus
Answer any 3 of the following. Each carries 3 scores. (3 × 3 = 9)
Arrange the following names in ascending order of evolution.
Homosapiens, Ramapithecus, Australopithecines, Homo habilis, Neanderthal, Homo erectus
Ramapithecus – Australopithecines – Homo Habilis – Homo erectus – Neanderthal man – Homo sapiens
Prepare a hand out to educate students about the symptoms of the dreaded disease cancer, its detection and treatment.
Symptoms of cancer:
It is uncontrolled and unwanted multiplication of some kind of cell
Biopsy and histopathological studies and MRI scan
Radiation therapy immunotherapy
“The accelerated rates of species extinction that the world is facing today is largely due to human activities”.
Do you agree with this statement. Justify your answer.
i) Habitat loss and fragmentation:
This is the most important cause of extinction of animals and plants.
The degradation of many habitats by pollution affects the survival of many species. It results large habitats are broken up into small fragments
It leads to the over-exploitation of natural resources.
It leads to the over-exploitation of natural resources. For example the extinction of Steller’s sea cow, passenger pigeon was due to humans
1. Name ‘A’ and ‘B’ from the above diagram.
2. Describe the following terms
1. A) RNA
B) RNA polymerase
2. a) Capping: In Eukaryotes methyl guanosine triphosphate is added to the 5′-end of hnRNA.
b) Tailing: In tailing, adenylate residues are added at 3′-end of mRNA in a template-independent manner.