Kerala Plus Two Computer Application Previous Year Question Paper 2018
Time: 2 Hours
Cool off time: 15 Minutes
Maximum: 60 Scores
- There is a ‘cool off time’ of 15 minutes in addition to the writing time of 2 hrs.
- Use the ‘cool off time’ to get familiar with the questions and to plan your answers.
- Read questions carefully before you answering.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Calculations, figures and graphs should be shown in the answer sheet itself.
- Malayalam version of the questions is also provied.
- Give equations wherever necessary.
- Electronic devices except non programmable calculators are not allowed in the Examination Hall.
Answer all questions from 1 to 5
Write a C++ statement to declare an array with size 25 to accept the name of a student.
Name the following tags:
a. To include a button in HTML
b. To partition the browser window
Define web hosting.
Name the intellectual property represented by the symbols ®, ©.
Answer any nine questions from 6 to 16
Define built-in functions. Give two examples.
Write the use of the following in HTML.
Name the tag and attribute needed to create the following lists in HTML.
Write short note on free hosting.
Write the type of web hosting that is most suitable:
a. For hosting a school website with data-base.
b. For hosting a website for a firm.
c. For creating a blog to share pictures and posts.
d. For creating a low cost personal website with unique domain name.
Define the following:
Write the names of any two column constraints and their usage.
Define the following ERP related technologies:
Write short note on SAP.
Define the following terms:
Name the following:
a. Satellite based Navigation system
b. Service used to send messages with multimedia content
c. Packet oriented mobile data service on GSM.
d. Smart card technology used only in GSM phone systems.
Answer any nine questions from 17 to 27
Define. Jump statements. Explain about any two.
Explain about nested loops,
Compare call-by-value and call-by-reference methods for calling functions.
Differentiate between local and global variables.
Name any two attributes of the following tags:
Name the three essential tags for creating a table in HTML Write the purpose of each tag.
Rewrite the following C++ code in Java-Script.
Explain any three operators used in Relational algebra.
Explain any three advantages of DBMS.
Define the following:
Write the result of the following:
a. ALTER TABLE <table name>
DROP <column name>
b. DELETE * FROM <table name>
c. DROP TABLE <table name>
Answer any two questions from 28 to 30
Consider the following C++ code.
a. Write the value of str if the string “HELLO WORLD” is input to the code. Justify.
b. Write the amount of memory allocated for storing the array str. Give reason.
c. Write an alternative we can use to input string in place of cout.
a. Differentiate client side script and server side script.
b. Name the tag and its attribute used to include a script in a web page.
c. Name any two server side scripting language.
a. Explain any three types of operators used.
b. Describe any two data types used
char name ;
Web hosting is the service of providing storage space in a web server to serve files for a website to be made available on the Internet.
BPR is the analysis and redesign of work flow in an enterprise. It deals with changes in the structure and process of business. Re-engineering helps to reduce cost and effective use of resources. Business process re-engineering is a key component of ERP success.
Registered trademark – ®
Copyright – ©
- alert () function. This function is used to display a message on the screen.
- isNaN () function. This function is used to check whether a value is a number or not.
a. It is used to link the text “DHSE” to the website www.dhsekerala.gov.
b. Used to insert music in the background while the page is viewed.
a. Tag – <OL>
Attribute – Type
b. Tag – <INPUT>
Attribute – Name
Web hosting provides web hosting service free of charge. The service provider dis-plays advertisements in the websites to meet the expenses. Free hosting provides web hosting service free of charge. The service provider dis-plays advertisements in the websites to meet the expenses. Some free web hosting sites provide the facility to upload the files of our website in their server, but may place certain restrictions on the files. The size of the files that can be uploaded may be limited. Some other websites only permit us to use the templates. Some free web hosting companies provide domain name registration services also.
a. Dedicated web hosting
d. Shared hosting/free hosting
a. Afield is the smallest unit of stored data. Each field consists of data of a specific type, eg., Name, Marks,
b. A record is a collection of related fields.
- NOT NULL. It specifies that a column can never have NULL values. NULL is a keyword that represents an empty value. Two NULL values cannot be added, subtracted and compared.
- AUTO_INCREMENT. It performs an auto-increment feature. By default, the starting value for this constraint is 1 and will be incremented by 1 for each new record. Only one AUTO_INCREMENT column per table is allowed.
a. Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Customers are the most important part of any enterprise. The success of an enterprise depends on good relationship with customers. CRM is a term that covers the policies used by the enterprise to manage their relationship with customers. gram. It includes capture, storage and analysis of customer information,
b. Supply Chain Management (SCM) consists of all activities associated with moving goods from the supplier to the customer. It begins with collecting raw material and ends with delivering goods to customer. SCM aim to fast delivery of goods to customers thus increase the customer satisfaction.
SAP (Systems Applications and Products). It is German company. They develop ERP solutions for both small and large organizations. It also provide Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) software etc.
a. Trademark is a distinctive sign that identifies certain goods or services produced or provided by an individual or a company A trademark can be a name, logo, symbol, etc. that can be used to recognise a product or service. It provides protection to the owner of the trademark by ensuring the exclusive right to use it to identify goods or services.
b. Copyright is a legal right given to the ’ creators for an original work, usually for a limited period of time. The general rule is that the copyright lasts for 60 years after the death of the last surviving author. Registration of copyright gives a legal status to a creative work.
a. Global Positioning System (GPS)
b. Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)
c. GPRS (General Packet Radio Services)
d. EDGE (Enchanced Data rates for GSM Evolution)
Jump statements are used to jump unconditionally to a different statement, break: It takes the control out of the smallest enclosing block of statements by skipping the remaining statements in the block. Usually it appears with the looping statements and switch statements. When it is used with looping statements, even the result of the test expression is neglected if the break is encountered. continue: It is mostly used with looping statements. When this statement is en-countered within the loop-body, the remaining statements are skipped and the control is transferred to the test expression for the next iteration.
Placing a loop inside the body of another loop is called nesting of a loop. In a nested loop, the inner loop statement will be executed repeatedly as long as the condition of the outer loop is true. Here the loop control variables for the two loops should be different.
Call by value method:
- Ordinary variables are used as formal parameters.
- Actual parameters may be constants, variables or expressions.
- The changes made in the formal arguments are not reflected in actual arguments.
- Exclusive memory allocation is required for the formal arguments.
Call by reference method:
- Reference variables are used as formal parameters.
- Actual parameters will be variables only.
- The changes made in the formal arguments are reflected in actual arguments.
- Memory of actual arguments is shared by formal arguments.
Scope of local variables:
- Declared within a function or a block of statements.
- Available only within that function or block.
- Memory is allocated when the function or block is active and freed when the execution of the function or block is completed.
Scope of global variables:
- Declared outside all the functions.
- Available to all the functions of the program.
- Memory is allocated just before the execution of the program and freed when the program stops execution.
a. Dir, Lang
b. Height, Width
c. Color, Size
The tags related to Table are:
- <TR>. The rows in a table are created using <TR> tag. A row itself is a collection of cells. A cell is the smallest component of a table. There are two types of cells; heading cells and data cells.
- <TH>. It is used to define heading cells. These are displayed in bold face and in centred form.
- <TD>. It is similar to <TH> tag and is used to display data cells.
str1 = “WELCOME”;
the collection of operations that is used to manipulate the entire relations of a data-base is called relational algebra.
- SELECT operation: It is used to select rows from a relation that satisfies a given predicate. The predicate is a user defined condition to select rows of user’s choice. This operation is denoted by sigma (σ).
- PROJECT operation: It selects certain attributes from the table and forms a new relation. If the user is interested in selecting the values of a few attributes, rather than all the attributes of the relation, use PROJECT operation. It is denoted by π.
- SET DIFFERENCE operation: It is a bi-nary operation and it returns a relation containing the tuples appearing in the first relation but not in the second relation. It is denoted by -.
Database is an organized collection of interrelated data stored together with mini-mum redundancy, in a manner that makes them accessible for multiple applications. Advantages of DBMS are:
- Controlling data redundancy:
In file management systems, data may be placed in many files. The storing of the same data in multiple locations or duplication of data is known as data redundancy.
- Data consistency:
Data redundancy may lead to data inconsistency; i.e., the various copies of the same data show different values in different files. By controlling data redundancy, data consistency is obtained. If a data item appears only once, any update to its value has to be performed only once and the updated value is immediately available to all users.
- Efficient data access:
A DBMS utilises a variety of techniques to store and retrieve data efficiently.
- Data integrity:
It refers to the overall completeness, accuracy and consist-ency of data in the database. This can be indicated by an absence of any alteration in data between two updates of a data record.
- Cost of hardware & software
- Cost of data conversion
- Cost of staff training
- Appointing technical staff
- Database failures
a. Data Manipulation Language (DML):
It provides commands for data manipulations. DML is a component of SQL that enhances efficient user interaction with the data system by providing a set of commands.
b. Data Definition Language (DDL):
These are used to create, modify and remove database objects.
c. Data Control Language (DCL):
It is used to control access to the database, which is very essential to a database system with respect to security concerns.
a. It is used to remove column from a table:
If we want to remove an existing column from a table, we can use DROP clause along with ALTER TABLE.
b. It is used to delete all rows from a table:
The DML command DELETE is used to re-move individual or a set of rows from a table.
c. It is used to remove table from a database:
DROP TABLE command removes a table from the database permanently even though the table contains tuples. Once data is lost, it cannot be recovered later.
a. HELLO. Because when we use cin to accept string values, space is a delimiter for the variables.
b. 20. The memory required to store a string will be equal to the number of characters in the string plus 1 byte for null character. Here the word “HELLO” contains 5 bytes and 1 for ‘\0’. So total 6 bytes are required for storing this string.
c. int main()
count<<Enter a string”;
a. Client side scripting:
- Script is copied to the client browser.
- Script is executed in the client browser.
- Client side scripts are mainly used for validation of data at the client.
- Users can block client side scripting.
- The type and version of the web browser affects the working of a client side script.
Server side scripting:
- Script remains in the web server.
- Script is executed in the web server and the web page produced, is returned to the client browser.
- Server side scripts are usually used to connect to databases and return data from the web server.
- Server side scripting cannot be blocked by a user.
- The features of the web browser does not affect the working of server side script.
b. Tag is <SCRIPT>
It has the attributes Type and Src.
c. PHP, ASP
1. Arithmetic operators: It contains + , -, *, /, %, + + , — operators.
2. Assignment operators: =, + = , -=, *=, /=, %= are assignment operators.
3. Relational operators (Comparison operators): The relational operators are = = , !=, <, <=, >, > = .
The result of a relational operation is either true or false. These operators compare the values on the two side of the operator and give the result accordingly.
4. Logical operators: &&, ∥, ! are logical operators.
5. String addition operator (+): Operator + is used to add two strings. Adding two string means concatenating two strings,
b. The three primitive data types in Java Script are Number, String and Boolean.
Number: They include integers, floating point numbers and signed numbers.
Strings: A string is a combination of characters, numbers or symbols enclosed within double quotes.
Boolean: A boolean data can be either True or False (without double quates).